Certified Auto Repair is proud to be a Certified Virginia State Safety Inspection Station. As a Virginia resident, you already know that your vehicle needs to be inspected and safety approved on an annual basis. We know it is a bit of a hassle, but at Certified Auto Repair, our team is here to make the process as easy as possible for you, so you can get back to your life.
Virginia State Safety Inspection Law
The goal of the Virginia State Safety Inspection Law is to keep all the drivers on our roads as safe as possible by ensuring that the vehicles on our roads are up to code and road-ready. As a certified safety inspection station in Henrico, we are proud to be the areas leading source for inspections and repairs.
Certified Auto Repair Safety Inspection
Now you know why your vehicle needs to be inspected, but what all does that entail? A proper VA state safety inspection includes:
- Brake Inspection- Inspection of the entire braking system including the pads, rotors, emergency brake, and more.
- Headlight Inspection – Inspection of your headlights for output, wiring, high beam indicator, and more.
- Interior and Exterior Light Inspection – We will inspect all interior and exterior lights checking to make sure you have the proper bulbs, lenses, output, and that your wiring is in good condition.
- Signal Device Inspection – Inspection of your turn signals for lighting, wiring, switch, and indicator.
- Steering and Suspension Inspection – Including inspections of your alignment, coils, springs, shocks and struts, and more.
- Tires and Wheels Inspection – We will take a look at your tires, wheels, and rims, looking for any signs of trouble.
- Mirror and Horn Inspections – Inspection of the condition and operation fo your horn an mirrors.
- Windshield and Glass Inspection – We will inspect your windshield and glass for damage that may obstruct your view as well as the type of glass and look for any potential issues.
- Windshield Wiper and Defroster – Check for functionality of your wipers and defroster.
- Exhaust System Inspection – Inspection of the presence and condition of all components of your exhaust system as well as a leak and damage inspection.
- Air Pollution Control System – Inspection for the installation and complete system in all vehicles made in 1973 or later.
- Seat Inspections – Inspection for proper installation, anchoring, location, and condition as well as a thorough seat belt inspection
- Air Bag Inspection – Checking for any defects, deployment, or removal as well as inspecting your system for air bag readiness.
- Fuel System Inspection – Looking for any liquid fuel leakage, loose parts, and the presence of your filler cap.
Once your vehicle has passed the rigorous Virginia State Safety Inspection, our team will issue you an up to date sticker and you can be on your way.